11/9/09

I Eat Donkey!

Well, i didn't really plan to. But that day, Martyna and I missed the lunch due to sleepover. After the English Club, we went to a small restaurant near our school, because previously we saw some of our students eat there.

We wanted to eat noodles, and it turned out that the restaurant served noodles. It's my habit in China to always ask the waiter before i order;
"Zhi shi shenme rou?" (what meat is this?) since i don't eat pork

The waiter told me something, and pointed to this picture that was hung on the wall:

(he says, "my meat is the tastiest!")

...
Yep, it was a Donkey Meat Restaurant

I expected beef, chicken, or something basic like that, but i was also curious how donkey would taste like. It was only 6Y so, we ordered 2 bowls of spicy donkey noodles.

About 10 minutes later, the donkey noodles came. Ta- daaaaaa!!

(huge portion of spicy donkey noodles)

Donkey meat was kinda red, not as delicate as beef, but for my surprise, it tasted okay. It didn't have special smell like sheep meat, so i enjoyed it quite much. I'll think twice to eat it one more time. I just think that donkey is too cute to be eaten. It reminds me to Pinokio, hehehe.

There's a lot of Donkey Restaurant in Beijing. They sell all part of Donkey; meat, inside organs, until eye balls and donkey's "special treasure". This "special treasure" would cost you about 200Y per dish.

(tetep diabisin, laper sih waktu itu ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers